We are a symphony orchestra composed of young enthusiastic musicians. Our home is Police nad Metují, where the PSO was founded in 2010 by siblings Petra and Jakub Soukup. We play from our hearts. There is over 60 of us and we rehearse in the monastery in Police. You can find many different music genres in our repertoire - pop, movie soundtracks, rock, swing and classical music. Right now Joel Hána and Kryštof Koska wield the conducting baton in the PSO. Our orchestra is complemented by a quartet of permanent singers - Jan Sklenář, Vendula Příhodová, Karolína Soukupová and Karel Telecký.
We have played over 130 concerts for 200 000 listeners so far, in Czech Republic and also abroad. We performed at O2 Arena, Prague's Lucerna and on Czech Radio Radiožurnál. At the same time, we are not afraid to play in unconventional places such as vast grasslands, streets, safari parks and railway stations.
We like to dedicate ourselves to charity through our own fundraising events. Thanks to these events and contributions from fans, we were able to give away 2 103 490 CZK to help others. We financially support care for the elderly, children and animals; as well as in the environmental and cultural areas.
The orchestra has worked with more than 300 professional artists. We have performed with Tomáš Klus, Dasha, Jan Cina, Marta Kubišová, actors of the Jára Cimrman Theatre, the Kühn Mixed Choir, moderator Lucie Výborná, pianist Ivo Kahánek and many others. We also joined forces with the National Theatre Ballet several times, under the direction of conductor Václav Zahradník.
- Selling out the legendary Great Hall of Prague's Lucerna and celebrating the orchestra's 10th birthday.
- First (and last) online concert during the lockdown for 70 000 spectators.
- Live concert on Radiožurnál for almost 500 000 listeners.
- we are being followed by the cameras of creators of a documentary about the PSO, which is being filmed in co-production with Czech Television.
- Founder Petra Soukupová is on the Forbes 30 under 30 list for 2019.
- Our mom Petra Soukupová wins the Via Bona Award (in the Young Philanthropist category).
- Petra also wins the Public Award, sponsored by Czech Television, for the highest number of votes in the poll.
- Thanks to the crowdfunding campaign, we are able to buy our own musical instruments and other equipment so we can become independent and stand on our own feet.
- First major fundraising event, starting the tradition of outdoor fundraising evenings.
- Fifteen-year-old Petra Soukupová and her brother Jakub, two years older, found the Police Symphony Orchestra.